Position Title: TVET and Skill development (Training) Analyst – Position 2
Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
“The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $75 million loan for the implementation of the Odisha Skill Development Project (OSDP). The project aims to improve the skills development ecosystem in Odisha and establish an advanced skills training center, the World Skill Center (WSC), in the state capital Bhubaneswar. The proposed project will help the Government of Odisha transform its skills development system by establishing WSC and integrating government ITIs, polytechnics as well as engineering colleges under a hub-and-spoke model. The proposed model aims to expand the state’s training capacity, uplift the quality of skills training, and strengthen the market relevance of training programs, which would enhance the skills and employability of young workforce for the high-demand priority sectors. It will further strengthen the overall branding of “Skilled in Odisha” initiative.
Overall the project aims to benefit around 1,50,000 students, trainers and assessors in the areas of mechatronics, facilities technology, precision engineering, beauty & wellness, hair fashion & design, and logistics operations. Each of the 18 storeys of WSC will be dedicated to different skills and will be Centre(s) of Excellence for the respective trades with direct affiliation/accreditation with global leaders in the field. “
The purpose of the assignment is to support Odisha Skill Development Project in overall planning, management, implementation of skill trainings with OSDA/WSC under OSDP (Odisha Skill Development Project).
Scope of Work
• Assist in overall planning, management, implementation of skill trainings with OSDA/WSC under OSDP (Odisha Skill Development Project).
• Assist the OSDA/WSC in Contract management of Consultant firms related to RPL, Self employment and similar other training activities.
• Assist in Identification, information capturing and categorization of training institutions for training implementation under RPL, Self-Employment and other training sectors.
• Assist in orientation of TVET to School students and teachers, self-employment, international training and placement etc.
• Assist in aligning and rationalizing trades and curriculum as per national and international standards
proposed by the specialist firms as per OSDA/WSC operational plans.
• Assist on training equipment, training of instructors, improvement of the curriculum and delivery methods in OSDA/WSC and related stakeholders involved in training delivery.
• Assist in providing inputs based on skill ecosystem assessment, certification, report preparations and recommendations.
• Assist in facilitating mobilization efforts in leveraging existing eco-system with Government of Odisha for various training programs and by engaging industry partners for placement of the trained candidates.
• Assist in Monitoring and reporting the progress of reforms in the TVET institutions.
• Updating the data on Training and placement of the trained candidates and successful employment later on.
• Any other task
Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Output
- Maintaining and updating detailed institution profiles – trades, instructors, trainees, placements support, mobilization to counselling methods etc.
- Monitoring of Action Plan for training and delivery in the institutions associated under the OSDP project
- Training modules for instructors, handbooks and curriculum guidance.
- Periodic Institution wise progress report of M&E/ MIS.
- Support the experts and OSDA/WSC project team in executing the planned activities under the project.
- Execute all activities related to NSQF alignment of the courses conducted / to be conducted at OSDA/WSC and user agencies, as both Training provider & Certifying Institute.
- Any other output as per requirement
Minimum Qualification Requirements
• Post-Graduate from reputed institute with 07 years of relevant experience in Skill Development Programs.
• Conversant with Computer as required for this assignment is must. Work experience with renowned industrial training institution will be added advantage. Experience of working in Odisha State with ITIs, Polytechnics, skill development institutes and similar organizations shall be preferred.
Last Date to Apply: 07 February 2022; 09:30 PM 1ST (11:59 PM Manila local time)